Boston Red Sox vs New York Yankees: 17/07 MLB predictions
- Title : Boston Red Sox vs New York Yankees: 17/07 MLB predictions
The second half of the Major League Baseball season will get underway on Thursday night with a battle between the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees from the Bronx.
The Red Sox (55-36) lost four of 5 games heading into the All-Star Break and lead Tampa Bay by 1.5 games for the highest spot within the AL East. On Sunday, Boston went 1-for-9 with runners in scoring position and left ten men aboard during a 5-4 home loss versus Philadelphia.
Twenty-eight year old left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez (6-5 5.52 ERA) will take the mound for the Red Sox during this matchup. Through 89 plus innings, Rodriguez has struck out 104 batters and owns a 1.37 WHIP.
The ny Yankees are one among the foremost disappointing teams in baseball and are currently eight games off the pace within the AL East Division race. On Sunday, ny surrendered six runs during the ninth inning of a shocking 8-7 road loss against Houston. C Gary Sanchez hit a three-run blast during a losing effort for the Yankees (46-43).
New York manager Aaron Boone has yet to call a pitcher for this matchup. The Yankees currently rank 10th within the majors with a 3.79 team ERA and have logged 32 quality starts.
Recent Betting Trends
- Red Sox are 21-8 in their last 29 during game 1 of a series.
- Yankees are 6-2 in their last 8 games vs. a left-handed starter.
- Over is 5-0 in Yankees last 5 games vs. a left-handed starter.
- Over is 4-0 in Yankees last 4 games vs. a starter with a WHIP greater than 1.30.
- Red Sox are 9-23 in the last 32 meetings in New York.
|Prediction||over 9 total|
|Start Time||00:10 : 17-Jul-21|